Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Annual Minutes Disclosure Services SCAM



It never ceases to amaze me; the quantity, offensiveness, and ridiculous methods of extortion that exist. If you have recently received a letter from a company called Annual Minutes Disclosure Services, beware. This is a scam. Many others have reported similar instances of this scam. It seems the keys to the scam is an official looking logo, a mailing address similar to that of other government offices, and references to state laws in regards to business records.

I have not seen a report that shows the same address as the one in the letter that I received just this week. The address is:

Annual Minutes Disclosure Services
Business Processing Division
911 Central Avenue #134
Albany, NY 12206

That is not far from me. I have half a mind to go down there and see what actually exists at this address.

I have scanned in the letter and the envelope for your reference. Update: I originally posted that there was no phone number; someone (thanks, Mark) pointed out that there is a number on the first page. When called, you will hear a very cheesy message that simply states who they are and that they will call you back. I'm going to see if I can get a call back...




No comments:

Post a Comment